South Shore road report
May 10, 2014
U.S. Highway 50 — Work has resumed on a $12.1 million water-quality and roadway improvement project from the "Y" intersection of Highways 50 and 89 to the South Lake Tahoe Airport adding curbs, gutters, sidewalks, new drainage systems and repaving the highway. Completion is expected in fall 2014. No traffic-interfering work is scheduled.
U.S. Highway 50 — Work is set to begin on a $15.3 million water-quality project from Johnson Pass Road to Incline Road in Meyers to install new drainage systems, widen shoulders, add bike lanes and restore a section of the exiting bike path.
U.S. Highway 50 from Johnson Pass Road to Sawmill Road — Motorists should expect one-way traffic control at various locations from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 6:30 a.m. to 11:30 am. Friday for drainage work.
U.S. Highway 50 at Upper Trucker River Bridge and Trout Creek Bridge — Eastbound Motorists can expect alternating lane closures from 6 a.m. to midnight Tuesday through Thursday and 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday for striping and inspection.
Road closures on Tahoe Keys Boulevard are from Eloise Avenue to Washington Avenue. The closures will take place from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. for water quality and public safety improvements. Form ore information vist http://www.stpud.us or call Shannon Cotulla with STPUD at 530-543-6206.
Kingsbury Grade (SR207) — is closed to through traffic at the summit just east of Tramway. Road work is 24/7 until May 23. Cars traveling from Lake Tahoe to Carson Valley and vice versa will need to use US 50 as a detour. Public transportation and all Lake Tahoe and Carson Valley business shuttles will have access of the summit to and from the Lake and Carson Valley. For more information visit http://www.kingsburyproject.com or call 1-844-888-7623.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Lake Tahoe filled to the brim for first time in years (video)
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe