South Shore welcomes its first baby of 2014
January 8, 2014
Joshua Tapia-Hernandez became the South Shore's first baby of the year Jan. 2.
Joshua was due Dec. 31, but was born to South Lake Tahoe residents Adriana and Abraham Tapia at 5:24 p.m. Thursday. He weighed 6 pounds, 14 ounces and was 18 inches long, according to a press release from Barton Hospital.
When Adriana Tapia arrived at the hospital in the early afternoon, she was very calm, the release said. She said her calmness even amazed her physician, Dr. Spielvogel, who was surprised how quickly the baby was born.
Abraham Tapia is a Barton employee and has lived in South Lake Tahoe for nearly 25 years. They have three other children, including an 11-month-old son, the release stated.
To honor the first baby of the year, Barton provided a gift package to the family.
Trending In: Local
- Snowboarder from Connecticut dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- How long will ski season run at Lake Tahoe resorts?
- No timeframe for permanent fix to US 50 near Bridal Veil Falls
- Water managers may have to ‘spill’ water from Lake Tahoe
- TRPA looks to free transit, shared-use pathways for traffic solutions in Lake Tahoe