South Shore woman critically injured in wreck
March 24, 2014
A motorcyclist and his passenger, a South Lake Tahoe woman, were critically injured Saturday night when their motorcycle collided with a pickup truck in Carson City, according to Nevada Highway Patrol.
Audrey G. Rugamas, 21, of South Lake Tahoe, was a passenger on a 2007 maroon and gold Suzuki motorcycle driven by Andrey L. Gallegos, 20, of Sparks. Both were thrown from the motorcycle.
According to the NHP, the motorcycle was traveling southbound on Roop Street and approaching the intersection with Fairview where it collided with a Chevy Silverado pickup truck traveling westbound on Fairview.
Rugamas and Gallegos were flown to Renown Medical Center in Reno in critical condition. The driver of the pickup truck, Donald T. McKean, 60, Gardnerville, was not injured in the accident.
NHP Trooper Dave Gibson said Monday there was a report of a speeding motorcycle with two riders in the area at about the time of the accident, shortly before the accident, but he added there's no confirmation that it was the motorcycle involved in the accident.
The NHP has asked whether any individual or business in the vicinity of the accident may have captured video or witnessed a motorcycle with two riders wearing dark jackets and dark helmets and driving at a high rate of speed at roughly 10 p.m. on Saturday.
Any witnesses are encouraged to contact Trooper Chris Kelly at 775-689-4661 or by email at email@example.com. The incident is case number NHP-140301796.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Carson City bypass ready for debut; residents to ride, run, walk final stretch of freeway Saturday
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys