South Tahoe High School to conduct lockdown drill
October 9, 2013
South Tahoe High School will conduct a lockdown drill today at 11:20 a.m.
According to LTUSD executive assistant Angie Keil, the drill is part of Lake Tahoe Unified School District's safety approach. "It will include an emergency response from various local law enforcement personnel in the area. Please be advised that this is only a drill and there is no need to be alarmed. The drill will conclude at approximately 11:50 a.m.," Keil stated in an email.
In the event of a real emergency, information will be posted at http://www.ltusd.org and emergency notifications will be sent by phone, email, and text messages.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Carson City bypass ready for debut; residents to ride, run, walk final stretch of freeway Saturday
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys