South Tahoe seeking feedback on plastic bag ban
April 24, 2014
The South Lake Tahoe City Council wants feedback from local business owners on how the city's new plastic bag ban is affecting them.
The issue is the subject of a May 14 workshop in the City Council Chambers. It starts at 5:30 p.m.
Adopted last October with a 3-2 vote, the plastic bag ban took effect for grocers and food vendors in the city on Jan. 15, though the City Council opted to not impose any fines for violations in the first three months.
The ban is slated to take effect for other retail businesses in the city on Oct. 15.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Parking restrictions beefed up at Raley’s Village Center
- 5 things to know about the proposed South Lake Tahoe sales tax for roads