South Tahoe seeking feedback on plastic bag ban
April 24, 2014
The South Lake Tahoe City Council wants feedback from local business owners on how the city's new plastic bag ban is affecting them.
The issue is the subject of a May 14 workshop in the City Council Chambers. It starts at 5:30 p.m.
Adopted last October with a 3-2 vote, the plastic bag ban took effect for grocers and food vendors in the city on Jan. 15, though the City Council opted to not impose any fines for violations in the first three months.
The ban is slated to take effect for other retail businesses in the city on Oct. 15.
Trending In: Local
- At 80 years young, Lake Tahoe man is Heavenly Mountain Resort ski instructor
- Grand ‘Linking Tahoe’ transportation plan may not be as simple as it sounds
- Douglas County vacation rental ordinance to see updates
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Tahoe Regional Young Professionals hosts Adulting 101 at Tahoe Mountain Lab