South Tahoe seeking feedback on plastic bag ban
April 24, 2014
The South Lake Tahoe City Council wants feedback from local business owners on how the city’s new plastic bag ban is affecting them.
The issue is the subject of a May 14 workshop in the City Council Chambers. It starts at 5:30 p.m.
Adopted last October with a 3-2 vote, the plastic bag ban took effect for grocers and food vendors in the city on Jan. 15, though the City Council opted to not impose any fines for violations in the first three months.
The ban is slated to take effect for other retail businesses in the city on Oct. 15.
Trending In: Local
- Underwater photographer captures clarity of Lake Tahoe
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe
- South Shore’s The Lake House Restaurant opens its doors
- South Shore community comes together for 23-year-old fighting cancer
- Free pet adoptions at El Dorado County animal shelters during December