Students celebrate Thanksgiving
November 29, 2013
Tahoe Parents Nursery School celebrated Thanksgiving with a traditional sharing snack on Nov. 21. Each family contributed a type of snack food that the children share and the snacks are mixed together to make a special holiday treat, according to TPNS publicity board member Jennifer Bidwell.
Through books and songs, the children learned about the period of time when pilgrims and Native Americans lived, how they survived and got food and shelter. They all chose what type of hat they wanted to make and wore them for the celebration, Bidwell said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Parking restrictions beefed up at Raley’s Village Center
- 5 things to know about the proposed South Lake Tahoe sales tax for roads
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?