V&T train season to open May 27
May 9, 2017
The Virginia & Truckee Railroad is opening the 2017 season on May 27 with seven daily train rides beginning at 10:30 a.m. and ending at 4 p.m.
Trains depart from the original 1870 V&T Depot & Museum, 166 F St., Virginia City.
Tickets for the steam train are $12.50 for ages 13 and up; and $6 for children ages 5-12. Diesel tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children. Children under 4 ride free on an adult's lap.
Opening day will celebrate 42 years of V&T service with balloons, music and food.
Other events this season include an Independence Day celebration coinciding with Virginia City's parade, fireworks, old west shootouts and the annual Second Amendment Concert; Civil War Trains with reenactments of historic battles Sept. 2-4; Day Out with Thomas the Train Oct. 20-22 and 27-29; Candy Cane Express Trains Nov. 24-26 and Dec. 2-3 and 9-10. The holiday trains include candy canes, hot chocolate, apple cider, cookies, Dear Santa postcards, visits with Santa and the North Pole's Candy Cane Sisters.
Passengers are asked to arrive 15 minutes before departure times.
For information, go to email@example.com, or call 775-847-0380, or "like" the railroad on Facebook.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Parking restrictions beefed up at Raley’s Village Center
- 5 things to know about the proposed South Lake Tahoe sales tax for roads
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?