Wildfire Safety Expo on June 21
June 12, 2014
The threat of wildfire is high this fire season due to record drought conditions and local agencies are hosting a Wildfire Safety Expo from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, June 21.
The expo will be held at the TJ Maxx parking lot in South Lake Tahoe, located at the "Y" intersection of U.S. 50 and Highway 89.
The event offers information on creating home evacuation plans, preparing for fire and creating defensible space around a home.
Participating agencies include South Lake Tahoe Fire Department, Lake Valley Fire Protection District, U.S. Forest Service Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit, Cal Fire, California Tahoe Conservancy, Master Gardeners, Tahoe Resource Conservation District, American Red Cross, El Dorado County Sheriff's Office, California Conservation Corps, Lake Tahoe Humane Society and South Tahoe Public Utility District.
For more information visit http://www.readyforwildfire.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Lake Tahoe filled to the brim for first time in years (video)
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys