Marijuana Awareness Campaign to be held in Carson City
June 4, 2017
The Carson City Sheriff’s Office and Partnership Carson City are teaming up to start a Marijuana Awareness Campaign this summer.
The campaign is an effort to provide accurate facts about recreational marijuana.
“Efforts to expand the legalization of recreational marijuana use is increasing interest in marijuana, and stoking myths about its use,” said Deputy Jarrod Adams.
“Because these myths paint marijuana in a favorable light, they could influence marijuana consumption among children, adolescents and young adults.”
During the summer months, deputies will be patrolling off road areas used as frequent party sports at night as well as the beaches at Lake Tahoe, carnivals and other areas frequented by juveniles. They will be looking for minors in possession of drugs or alcohol.
Deputies will also be teaching marijuana awareness and prevention classes for children and adults. When school resumes, deputies will be teaching marijuana classes in school and to the Parent-Teacher Organization.
For any questions, contact Deputy Jarrod Adams at email@example.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Marijuana
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Harrah’s, Harveys Lake Tahoe to charge for holiday, special event parking
- Stand up pedalboards making waves around Lake Tahoe
- Revisiting Angora Fire 10 years after devastating blaze ignited in Lake Tahoe
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge