Charles LaVerne Stoddard
June 14, 2017
Charles LaVerne Stoddard, a longtime resident of South Lake Tahoe, passed Thursday evening at the age of 97 from congestive heart failure and restrictive lung disease in Olympia, WA.
He had moved to Washington to be near his son, Geoffrey, after the loss of his second wife, Marian.
Chuck was a past president of the Tahoe Boat Club, member of the Tahoe Ham Radio Club, and received the Legion of Honor award for his 40 years in Kiwanis. Mr. Stoddard was a watchmaker who ran Stoddard The Jeweler for many years while living in Tahoe. Charles is survived by his first wife, Patricia Scott, his eldest son, Geoffrey, and daughter by love, Toni Roberts.
The family asks for donations to be made to your favorite charity in lieu of flowers.
Trending In: Obituaries
- First snow of 2017-18 season falls in mountains surrounding Lake Tahoe (video)
- South Lake Tahoe considers service that tracks down illegal VHRs
- Guest column: City of South Lake Tahoe ignoring reality in crafting VHR policies
- California Highway Patrol IDs South Lake Tahoe motorcyclist killed in crash
- Lake Tahoe weather: Happy first day of fall, here is some more snow