Irene I. Myron
September 19, 2017
Irene I. Myron passed away on August 13th, 2017 at her residence in South Lake Tahoe, California.
Irene was born in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada on October 18, 1927 to Richard Ernest Skeats and Annie May Skeats. Irene was married in Vancouver, Canada to her husband Kenneth Roderick Myron on May 23rd, 1946.
Irene's hobbies were bowling, music, family camping trips and she was an animal lover as well. Irene was also a volunteer for the Attic in South Lake Tahoe. She dedicated her life to raising her four children.
Irene Myron is survived by her husband, Ken Myron of South Lake Tahoe, her daughter Sandra Myron of South Lake Tahoe, Sandra's life partner, Terry Valdez, her three sons, Gary, Wayne and Keith who reside in San Diego, CA and plus five grandchildren and ten great grandchildren. Irene's siblings, Albert Skeats, Ann Tomklak and Pearl Hunt preceded her in death. Ethel McCready is her only surviving sister. She resides in Cloverdale, Canada. Irene leaves behind nieces and nephews in Vancouver, Canada.
A memorial will be announced at a later date.
We miss you dearly Mom. You were kind, gentle, patient, caring and the peacemaker in our family. You embodied the qualities of compassion and equanimity. Throughout our lives,our mother frequently said, "to each his own". She was so accepting and non-judgmental of others.
WE LOVE YOU MOM. YOU WERE THE BEST MOM EVER!
Trending In: Obituaries
- Former and current Tahoe residents impacted by Northern California fires
- Where to view fall foliage — then grab a bite — in Lake Tahoe (video)
- Update on Eldorado National Forest wildfires: Table Fire grows to 250 acres; Ice Fire close to 100% containment
- Ask Tessie: How do I meet a responsible man in Tahoe?
- Construction begins on Round Hill Pines Beach Resort