Jeffrey Scott Harkins
October 11, 2017
Jeffrey Scott Harkins, age 63, passed away in his Los Osos home on September 30, 2017.
Jeff grew up a surfer in Manhattan Beach, CA and graduated from Aviation High School in 1971. At 18 years old, he was honored as the youngest business owner in Manhattan Beach partnering in a motorsports company. Jeff also operated a chandlery business at the Santa Cruz Marina, and worked as the Tahoe Keys Marina manager for several years, until he started a General Contracting business in El Dorado County. In 1988, Jeff married Judi McCallum in South Lake Tahoe, where they later gave birth to daughter Kelly and son Corey.
Jeff was a loving husband, father, son, brother, uncle and friend. He will be sorely missed by his surviving family; children, Kelly and Corey; brother Bruce (Terri)Harkins; sister Kim (Mike) Stickler; niece Macall (Keaton) Andreas; nephews Blair and Skyler Harkins, Sean and Micah (Molly) Stickler.
Family and friends are invited to a Celebration of Life on October 14th, from 2:00pm to 5:00pm at 1578 7th Street, Los Osos, CA 93402.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe
- J-1 visa program helps Lake Tahoe South Shore businesses
- Changes to South Lake Tahoe vacation home rental rules finalized
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain possible today, cloudy conditions to linger through week