April 12, 2017
December 3, 1969 – April 4, 2017
Joseph Donovan, 47, died suddenly at his home in Jacksonville, Florida. He was born in Oakland, CA and moved to Tahoe at the age of 4. He attended SLT schools; after graduation from South Tahoe High, he enlisted in the Navy and later settled in Jacksonville.
Joe is survived by his mother, Katie, his siblings Mary (Bill), Annie, Pat (Lori), Tim (Liz), Cathy, Terry (Steve), Maureen (Bryan), and many nieces, nephews and cousins. He was preceded in death by his father, Jim, and his brother, Mike.
Funeral services will be held at St. Theresa's Catholic Church on Friday, 4/28 at 10am. Reception immediately following the services.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Kayaker reported missing at Lake Tahoe found safe in hotel room
- Ask Tessie: What are the most important rules of beach etiquette in Lake Tahoe?
- Minden woman who died after falling in Upper Truckee River remembered at celebration of life
- Search continues in reduced capacity for missing kayaker at Lake Tahoe