Joseph Lewis Krieger III
June 8, 2015
August 4th 1948 – June 3rd 2015
Joe was born to Joseph and Phyllis Krieger on
August 4th 1948 in Cornwall, New York. He moved to Anaheim California at the age of five.
He joined the Navy when he was eighteen to serve his country in the Vietnam war. In 1977 Joe decided to spend the summer in South Lake Tahoe and after falling in love with it, he began his career in the casino business and never left.
Joe met his wife Susie in 1989 while working together at Harvey's. They married in 1991 and have two children, Joey and Lindsey. Joe loved to ski, play the guitar, travel to Hawaii and more than anything else, spend time with his family. He was a loving Husband, Father, son and friend. Unfortunately he lost his 10 month battle to lung cancer on June 3rd, 2015.
He is survived by his wife Susie, son Joey, daughter Lindsey, mother Phyllis, sister Pamela, brother Chuck, brother-in-law Brett, aunts, uncles, many cousins, nieces and nephews and many, many wonderful friends.
He will truly be missed.
No services are planned at this time. A fund has been set up to help
Susie continue to raise their eleven year old daughter Lindsey at:
Trending In: Obituaries
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)
- Changes to South Lake Tahoe vacation home rental rules finalized
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter storm could dump 5 inches of snow at Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe artist opens brick and mortar for hand-printed goods