Leonard “Lenny” Karambellas
May 9, 2017
Leonard "Lenny" Karambellas passed away May 5, 2017. He was 79.
Leonard joined the Air Force at 18 and married his beloved wife, Carole, as soon as he was out, on New Years Eve 1959. Although the two were very private, they were avid walkers and would walk 3-4 miles a day for 30 years. Later on, they worked at the Caesars showroom where they met many celebrities. He loved Tahoe and he loved the lake.
Leonard not only leaves behind his wife, Carole Karambellas, but also his daughter Lynn (Jose) Morales, sister Ellen Smith from Reno, brother Nicolas Karambellas, nephew Eddie (Kathy) Pozos, as well as many other nieces and nephews. Leonard was preceded in death by his son, Kurtis Karambellas.
The burial was at Happy Homestead Cemetery.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Stand up pedalboards making waves around Lake Tahoe
- Harrah’s, Harveys Lake Tahoe to charge for holiday, special event parking
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Revisiting Angora Fire 10 years after devastating blaze ignited in Lake Tahoe