Lola Bishop Malley
February 22, 2017
May 23, 1932 – December 14, 2016
Lola Malley passed away peacefully at her South Lake Tahoe home on Wednesday afternoon, December 14, 2016.
Lola Malley was born May 23, 1932 in South Dakota. She attended Pingree High School in Pingree, North Dakota. She was a Switchboard Supervisor for Anchorage-Westward Hotel in Anchorage, Alaska and Seattle, Washington. She was also a Switchboard Operator for the Anchorage Times.
She enjoyed traveling, camping, boating, fishing and the outdoors of South Lake Tahoe. She often went with her husband Earle to Southern California to watch the horse races. She enjoyed laughing, joking, teasing and being with other people. She was actively involved in charitable events. She was a member of Lake Tahoe Community Presbyterian Church.
She is survived by her two daughters, Marlene Struxness from Apache Junction, Arizona and Kathline Roth from Rapid City, South Dakota, she is also survived by eight grandchildren and nine great grandchildren.
Services will be held at Lake Tahoe Community Presbyterian Church, 2733 Lake Tahoe Blvd., South Lake Tahoe, on Saturday, March 18th at 11:00 am. Lunch will be provided following the service.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Minden woman who died after falling in Upper Truckee River remembered at celebration of life
- Search continues in reduced capacity for missing kayaker at Lake Tahoe
- Kayaker reported missing at Lake Tahoe found safe in hotel room