Obituary: Alexandrina “Shandra” Aranaydo
September 19, 2013
Dec. 2, 1925 – Sept. 14, 2013
Alexandrina "Shandra" Aranaydo, 97, was born in Koloa, Kauai, Hawaii on Dec. 2, 1915. Shandra moved to the U.S. to the Bay Area when she was 8 years old. Her family did migrant farm work. Shandra moved to Lake Tahoe in 1960 and worked at Harvey's 20 years and retired just before the bomb blast. She loved fishing, gardening, hiking, crocheting, cowboy movies, making pies and entertaining. Shandra went home to be with the Lord on Saturday, September 14, 2013. Shandra had 10 brothers and sisters. She is survived by her brother Nick Catanio, her sisters Vangie Black and Olivia Padilla; her daughter and son-in-law Tinka & Lloyd Wing, and her grandchildren James, Alexandrina, Lori, Dana and Wendy.
A "Celebration of Life" Service will be held at 11 AM on Monday, September 23, 2013 at Tahoe Lakefront Wedding Chapel, 3351 Lake Tahoe Blvd. in the Lakefront Chapel on the street level. Pastor Jerry Foster, Calvary Chapel, will be officiating. There will be a reception at the home of Lloyd and Tinka Wing immediately following at 2040 Nez Perce Drive in Tahoe Paradise, off of North Upper Truckee Road. Phone (530) 544-2040. Any donations may be made to Barton Skilled Nursing.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?