Obituary: Alexandrina “Shandra” Aranaydo
September 19, 2013
Dec. 2, 1925 – Sept. 14, 2013
Alexandrina "Shandra" Aranaydo, 97, was born in Koloa, Kauai, Hawaii on Dec. 2, 1915. Shandra moved to the U.S. to the Bay Area when she was 8 years old. Her family did migrant farm work. Shandra moved to Lake Tahoe in 1960 and worked at Harvey's 20 years and retired just before the bomb blast. She loved fishing, gardening, hiking, crocheting, cowboy movies, making pies and entertaining. Shandra went home to be with the Lord on Saturday, September 14, 2013. Shandra had 10 brothers and sisters. She is survived by her brother Nick Catanio, her sisters Vangie Black and Olivia Padilla; her daughter and son-in-law Tinka & Lloyd Wing, and her grandchildren James, Alexandrina, Lori, Dana and Wendy.
A "Celebration of Life" Service will be held at 11 AM on Monday, September 23, 2013 at Tahoe Lakefront Wedding Chapel, 3351 Lake Tahoe Blvd. in the Lakefront Chapel on the street level. Pastor Jerry Foster, Calvary Chapel, will be officiating. There will be a reception at the home of Lloyd and Tinka Wing immediately following at 2040 Nez Perce Drive in Tahoe Paradise, off of North Upper Truckee Road. Phone (530) 544-2040. Any donations may be made to Barton Skilled Nursing.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- Nesting bald eagles cause temporary campground closure in Eldorado National Forest
- Suggestions for making the most of Memorial Day weekend at Lake Tahoe
- Motorist hurt after going over side of Kingsbury Grade