Obituary: Barbara Lynn Buckles
January 10, 2014
Barbara Lynn Buckles passed away early Thanksgiving morning after a valiant battle with cancer.
Her last 20 years were spent living in South Lake Tahoe, Calif. enjoying a fun and venturesome life.
Barbara and her siblings attended grade school in Sacramento, Calif. at St. Philomenes. She graduated from Loretto High School in 1972 and continued on to higher education.
Barbara touched numerous lives throughout her life. Many will remember her outgoing spirit and quick smile running the tram at Heavenly Valley Resort and also her love of the garden and nature at Nel's Garden Center.
She possessed a genuine interest and caring in those around her – be they friends or strangers. Her love of the mountains and animals, her notable sense of humor and wit, will all be missed.
Barbara was preceded in death by her father, Louis Buckles; mother, LaVerne George-Buckles; and sister, Anita Buckles-Hart.
Barbara is survived by her partner, Sarah; siblings, Patricia, Tim and Marty; and her many nieces and nephews.
Services will be held at St. Theresa Catholic Church on Thursday, Dec. 19th at 3 p.m. with a reception to follow.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys