Obituary: Daniel Thomas Grimes
November 6, 2013
May 12, 1955 – Oct. 30, 2013
Dan was a devoted husband and father. He was survived by his wife of 40 years, Mary R. Grimes and sister-in-law, Margaret Soares; children, Daniel and Dawn Grimes; mother, Georgia Verkerk; one brother and four sisters, Steve Grimes, Carol Shelton, Shirley James, Geri Davis, and Pamela Gordon; and many loved nieces and nephews.
He served in the US Army 1973 – 1975, worked at Harrah's in South Lake Tahoe and The Ridge Tahoe, Timbercove Lodge. He enjoyed plowing snow and working on the ranch.
He worked for the Town of Gardnerville for the last 8 years.
Services will be held on November 10, 2013 at 4001 Carter Way, Wellington Community Center.
The viewing will be held from 1 pm to 2 p.m., the service will begin directly after.
A friend and family gathering will follow service. In lieu of flowers, send donations to: Church Building Fund, Wells Fargo, Account No. 9738916098.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Lake Tahoe Basin under air quality alert, dense smoke advisory as fire rages near Yosemite
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Clearly Tahoe offers new perspective of Lake Tahoe with clear kayaks