Obituary: Irene Elvira Calderon
February 21, 2014
Irene Elvira Calderon passed away peacefully in her sleep on February 7, 2014. She was born on November 12, 1933 in El Paso, TX to Antonio and Elena Castillo. She was blessed with three children, Vera Calderon, Tony Calderon in Gardnerville, NV, and Helen Calderon in Henderson, NV. She was preceded by her parents and her beloved husband Joseph.
Irene was the original owner of "La Familia" Mexican Food Restaurant in South Lake Tahoe, CA. She opened the doors to the restaurant in May of 1980 and closed its doors in 1997. Irene Calderon brought authentic Mexican food to the Lake Tahoe area.
She leaves behind her 3 children, 8 grandchildren, and 6 great-grandchildren. She will be greatly missed as she was an amazing woman along with a great mother, grandmother, wife and friend.
There will be a memorial service for Irene at a later date.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys