Obituary: Irene Elvira Calderon
February 21, 2014
Irene Elvira Calderon passed away peacefully in her sleep on February 7, 2014. She was born on November 12, 1933 in El Paso, TX to Antonio and Elena Castillo. She was blessed with three children, Vera Calderon, Tony Calderon in Gardnerville, NV, and Helen Calderon in Henderson, NV. She was preceded by her parents and her beloved husband Joseph.
Irene was the original owner of "La Familia" Mexican Food Restaurant in South Lake Tahoe, CA. She opened the doors to the restaurant in May of 1980 and closed its doors in 1997. Irene Calderon brought authentic Mexican food to the Lake Tahoe area.
She leaves behind her 3 children, 8 grandchildren, and 6 great-grandchildren. She will be greatly missed as she was an amazing woman along with a great mother, grandmother, wife and friend.
There will be a memorial service for Irene at a later date.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Douglas County jury finds man innocent in alleged sexual assault at Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe City Council backpedals on VHR ordinance
- Gardnerville man killed in head-on collision near Red Lake
- Seamstress creates custom interior goods for Lake Tahoe homes
- Lake Tahoe weather: Chance of rain Thursday night, snow Friday morning