Obituary: John Criner
March 28, 2014
John Criner was born Dec.9, 1923, to Herbert and Pearl Criner, and passed away March 22, 2014, after a brief illness in Fairfield, California where he moved to the last year and half after previously living the last 26 years in South Lake Tahoe. John and his late wife, Jeanette, moved to South Lake Tahoe to join their family here after he "semi-retired." John enjoyed the Tahoe lifestyle his way, spending time with his grandchildren, taking walks along Fallen Leaf Lake, dining out, recounted his many and varied stories, hanging out with a coffee and a pastry , playing poker at Harveys Casino, and his "second career" working at The Tahoe Tribune making business/home deliveries.
John was also a world traveler, taking numerous trips to Australia, always joined by his wife along with his children and even some of his grandchildren, to visit his sons family down under. He lived a full, joyful and easy going life, always surrounded by family.
He is survived by his sons John Jr, Ron (Margaret) and Doug (Delia), daughter Denise Rury (Jay) and 9 grandchildren.
Services will be at Byran_Braker Funeral Home, 1850 W Texas St., Fairfield, Ca. on Monday, March 31st at 11:00 am.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lake Tahoe Basin under air quality alert, dense smoke advisory as fire rages near Yosemite
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Clearly Tahoe offers new perspective of Lake Tahoe with clear kayaks