Obituary: John Michael Bajuk
September 26, 2016
John left us on May 7 from pneumonia after a five week struggle. He was born in 1963 at the Naval Academy in Annapolis and after traveling for 14 years with his Naval officer father, the family returned to California. John graduated from Carmel High School and then moved to South Lake Tahoe. He attended Lake Tahoe Community College and worked in the family restaurant, Lil' Cowboy for 10 years. He also worked at the High Sierra Casino (now Hard Rock) as a Security Officer followed by three years at Office Depot. John then moved to Alameda where, until his death, he worked in security on the USS Hornet Museum.
He is survived by his mother, Lynne Bajuk and two sisters, Laura Bajuk (Doug Debs) of Palo Alto and Beth Bajuk of Alameda. The family thanks the tireless staff of Summit Hospital who worked to save John. No services pending at this time.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail