Obituary: John Stofanik
January 28, 2014
John Stofanik passed away on January 26, 2014
John was born in Detroit, Michigan January 24, 1959. the family moved to Lake Tahoe the summer of 1974. John graduated from South Lake Tahoe High, class of 1977. He was an avid outdoorsman, enjoying skiing, hiking and snowmobiling. His greatest joy was boating on Lake Tahoe. For many years John owned and operated Monks Pizza which he took over from his parents.
John went from the Pizza business to ocean sailing. He crewed races from San Diego to Mexico and crossed the Atlantic. His pride and joy was his Islander 36. John's love of the sea led him to new adventures as a Merchant Marine. As a Merchant Marine he traveled around the world.
John is survived by his parents, John and Bernadine Stofanik, Sisters, Rosalie, Christine and Sue, brother-in-laws, nieces, nephews and many friends.
Services will be held Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 11:00 am, Our Lady of Tahoe Parish, Elk Point Rd., Zephyr Cove, NV.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lake Tahoe water board orders further study, cleanup of contaminated groundwater
- Tahoe crime recap: Scissor-wielding transient man arrested after hurling profanity, threats
- UPDATE: Police say stolen tractor-trailer crashed into famed brothel near Carson City
- Ribaudo column: Housing in Tahoe — ‘like a bad toothache that doesn’t go away’
- Suggestions for making the most of Memorial Day weekend at Lake Tahoe