Obituary: Karen Ann Mcgee
February 12, 2014
April 11, 1944 ~ January 20, 2014
Karen was a 40-plus year resident of South Lake Tahoe. She moved her family here from the Bay Area for the pristine air and water. She was a proud fighter to keep the lake blue. Karen was an amazing hair dresser for more than 50 years but her real passion was oil painting. Hundreds of paintings survive that show the life she lived and her close connection with God. She will be dearly missed by her friends and family.
Karen is survived by her sons: Joey Mathis and Nick Lazzarino; daughters: Laura Thomas and Dolane Dubbs; grandchildren: Sarah, Jonathan, Christopher, Ashley, Tyler, Natalie, Nick, Frank, Jessica, Karen, Gabriel; and great-grandchildren: Angela, Alison, Andrew, Austin, Leo, Kaleah, Kylee, Jake and Bobby.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Lake Tahoe’s South Shore ski resorts prep for powder, large crowds on Presidents Day weekend
- Update: Charter Communications services restored in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe Weather: 4 to 8 inches of new snow; another atmospheric river expected Monday
- Slice of Sierra Pizza relocates, celebrates soft opening