Obituary: Kathleen Joyce Fenske
March 28, 2014
Kathleen Joyce Fenske was born in Brownville Junction, Maine on 25 January 1924 to Bartholomew and Beatrice Jean McDermott. She passed away peacefully on 18 March 2014 in Carlsbad, California. Joyce is survived by Gustav M. Fenske, her loving husband of 67 years; her son, Matthew Gustav Fenske and his wife Rachel Finch Fenske. She was preceeded in death by her son, Custis Bartholomew Fenske, sisters Madelyn, Margaret and Elaine and brothers James and Stanley.
Joyce and her family lived in South Lake Tahoe for 30 years. She was an avid bridge player, holding the title of Life Master, and was the owner and director of the South Lake Tahoe Bridge Club.
A memorial Mass will be held at St. Patrick Catholic Church, Carlsbad, CA, on Saturday, 29 March 2014, at 10:00 AM.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe