Obituary: Larry Chavez
June 26, 2013
12/14/1953 – 6/21/2013
Larry Chavez was born 12/14/1953 at Eden Hospital in Castro Valley, California and passed on 6/21/2013 at the age of 59 in Reno Nevada.
He always enjoyed working on his snow plow for Cal Trans at South Lake Tahoe until he retired at age 55. He had lived in South Lake Tahoe for the last 39 years.
Larry loved fishing with his father, uncles, brothers, nephews and friends and he would always have great fishing stories to tell. His favorite fishing spots were at Blue Lakes and Red Lakes. Had a great love for dogs and always had one with him, and loved riding his Harley-Davidson and sure looked good on it.
He is preceded in death by his mother, Velma Deschner.
He leaves behind his father, Vincent Chavez, step mother, Patty Chavez, brothers, Steve Chavez, Doug Chavez and Craig Chavez, sisters, Yvette Eastin, Lynette Christian, Laura Cochran and Rebekah Burgess, and he always enjoyed being with his many nieces, nephews, and cousin throughout the years.
A memorial service is set for 2pm, July 13th at 3100 Elf Lane – Meyers, California
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- Ribaudo column: Is Lake Tahoe’s South Shore at risk of overtourism?
- Tahoe warming at 14 times the normal rate
- Stateline woman riding high after finishing 2nd in Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- UPDATE: Crews reach 100 percent containment on Ranch Fire in El Dorado County