Obituary: Mary Cockrell
August 16, 2013
July 13, 1921 – August 9, 2013
On August 9, 2013, Mary passed away in her room at the Carson Valley Senior Living, with her husband Sid by her side.
They would have celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on October 10, 2013.
Mary was born on July 13, 1921 in Ferndale, California to Joaquin and Gertrude Medina. She was the 4th child born to the Medina's. She married George Simons and they had 4 children; Arnold, Irvin, Jack and Bernadette.
Mary met and married Sid Cockrell in 1963 in Las Vegas, Nevada and they moved to Southern California.
She graduated from Cosmetology school in Chico, California and spent many years in her chosen profession.
Mary and Sid both liked to travel and they enjoyed seeing quite a lot of the world, including England, France, Germany, Scotland, the Azore Islands, Japan, and Africa to name a few.
A Celebration of Life will take place on Tuesday, August 20th, at 1:00 p.m. at Sierra Community Church located at 1165 Sierra Blvd. in South Lake Tahoe.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys