Obituary: Richard Wright
March 14, 2014
July 13, 1941~March 4, 2014
Richard Wright, of South Lake Tahoe, passed away peacefully at home on March 4, 2014 after a long fought battle with Renal Cell Carcinoma. Richard was born to the late Harry and Leona Wright in San Francisco and was one of five children. He graduated from Lincoln High in San Francisco in 1959. In 1972 he moved to South Lake Tahoe and successfully ran his own plumbing business for 40 years. (All Wright's Plumbing )
Richard loved old cars, especially his 1969 Volkswagon and the attention he got while driving it around town. He enjoyed going to the movies, traveling with his family and friends and telling his corny jokes.
Richard is survived by his wife Cathy of 33 years and son Michael along with his children from a previous marriage, David, his wife Mary, Kristie, Doug and Brenda. He is also survived by his sisters Marilyn, Judy, nieces, nephews and grandchildren. Richard will be dearly missed by his lifelong friends and family.
No services were held, however, a celebration of Richard's life may be planned at a later date.
In remembrance of Richard, donations can be made to Barton Hospice or the Cancer League of South Lake Tahoe.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Smoke from Mariposa County fire continues to fill Tahoe Basin (video)
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Carson City bypass ready for debut; residents to ride, run, walk final stretch of freeway Saturday
- Mariposa County fire in California threatens 1,500 structures near Yosemite
- Lake Tahoe Basin under air quality alert, dense smoke advisory as fire rages near Yosemite