Obituary: Tyler Johnathon Thomas
June 26, 2013
6/18/1983 – 10/06/2012
Tyler was an extremely kindhearted and loving young man. Tyler enjoyed skateboarding, snowboarding and fishing. He loved music. He "valued anything Jon Schaffer (Iced Earth) ever wrote or composed."
One day he was canoeing and found a spot to catch mackinaw right off the shore hiking down from DL Bliss. Our family has lived in Tahoe for more than 40 years and never caught any mackinaw. We all have so many great memories there.
Tyler had a true connection with his 10 month old niece, Arieana. When you watched them play together, you could see the love and joy in his eyes. His whole face would glow. For those of us who loved him, his memory will live in our hearts forever. Tyler will be greatly missed.
Tyler is survived by his mother, Sonya Thomas, sister Amanda Montgomery Thomas, grandmother Wilma, aunts Kelly, Tausha and Dovie, uncles Guy and Toby and many cousins.
A celebration of his life will be held at Nevada Beach on June 18th, 2013 at 2:00 pm
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe