Obituary: Velma Helms
June 26, 2013
Jan. 22, 1920 – May 25, 2013
Velma Helms was born Jan. 22, 1920 in Rago, Kansas and had lived in Zephyr Cove, NV for 34 years. She passed away May 25th at the age of 93. She moved to a retirement home in Reno, NV in 2009. She worked as a pantry chef for Harrah's South Shore room for 5 years and previously at the Menlo Country Club in Woodside, CA.
She was preceded in death by her husband William Cleo Helms and is survived by her son William Helms of Truckee, CA and daughter Diane Helms of Truckee, CA along with her step children, Robert Helms of Fresno, CA, Kenneth Helms of Madera, CA and Gloria Helms of Fresno, CA. She is also survived by her two grandchildren Garrett and Kristi Helms and several nieces and nephews.
Per her wishes, there will be no services. In lieu of flowers, any donations please send to the staff at Lakeside Manor at 855 Brinkby Ave, Reno NV 89509. FitzHenry's Funeral Home and Crematory is caring for arrangements.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe