Obituary: Vivian Butler
August 30, 2013
June 6, 1920 – August 16, 2013
Vivian Butler passed away on Aug. 16, at home with family. She was born in Canada on June 6, 1920. Her dad was a traveling piano salesman, and she would sit on the piano as he played, even for silent movies. Her mom was an acclaimed businesswoman in the newspaper field. Vivian was an avid skier, and crowned "Miss Snow Queen." She sang and danced on stage and did radio.
In 1967, she married Bill Butler in Tahoe and worked with Special Ed children for 17 years.
With Bill and Vivi together, the celebrations began; love, life, family, Russian Revolution Day, Japanese Boy's Day; any cultural/global excuse for a party. Traditional food, music, dance, customs and of course, merriment.
Vivian is survived by sons Gary and Doug, daughter-in-law Hellen Barclay, grandson Prince Obere and two stepsons Bill and Fred Miller.
Always in life, Vivi was positive, loving; a full of fun and laughter person, an outstanding reflector of God's love, kindness and joy, and it was all natural.
In honor of Vivian's life example, her family and friends request that all donations be given, as she did, in the form of daily acts of love and kindness, and sharing a smile with a compliment.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Thrill seekers land backflips into Lake Tahoe from 99-foot rope swing (videos)
- South Lake Tahoe City Council backpedals on VHR ordinance
- DA releases new video in El Dorado County cold case
- Lake Tahoe weather: Chance of rain Thursday night, snow Friday morning
- As Election Day nears, divided panel discusses road sales tax Measure C