Obituary: William “Bill” DeMaiori
February 12, 2014
7/25/1933 – 12/2/2013
Bill was born in Manhattan, NYC. He joined the U.S. Army when he was 16 years old and served in the Korean War with both the 187th Airborne Div. and the 25th Infantry Division. He received the Korean Service Medal with two bronze stars along with many other citations. He was also a Veteran of the Bay of Pigs, Invasion of Cuba and the Viet Nam War. Bill settled in South Lake Tahoe, CA and was the Owner/Manager of the International House of Pancakes. Upon retirement, Bill moved to the Dominican Republic for 15 years. Bill returned to the United States in 2005 to "Fight his last Battle." He passed away at the Veteran's Hospital Hospice Center in Reno, NV, where he received excellent care. Thanks to the V.A. Staff, Bill was able to spend his final days surrounded by people who treated him with respect, dignity and compassion. Per his wishes, no services will be held.
Peace at Last!
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lake Tahoe water board orders further study, cleanup of contaminated groundwater
- Tahoe crime recap: Scissor-wielding transient man arrested after hurling profanity, threats
- Suggestions for making the most of Memorial Day weekend at Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: Police say stolen tractor-trailer crashed into famed brothel near Carson City
- Ribaudo column: Housing in Tahoe — ‘like a bad toothache that doesn’t go away’