Obituary: William “Bill” DeMaiori
February 12, 2014
7/25/1933 – 12/2/2013
Bill was born in Manhattan, NYC. He joined the U.S. Army when he was 16 years old and served in the Korean War with both the 187th Airborne Div. and the 25th Infantry Division. He received the Korean Service Medal with two bronze stars along with many other citations. He was also a Veteran of the Bay of Pigs, Invasion of Cuba and the Viet Nam War. Bill settled in South Lake Tahoe, CA and was the Owner/Manager of the International House of Pancakes. Upon retirement, Bill moved to the Dominican Republic for 15 years. Bill returned to the United States in 2005 to "Fight his last Battle." He passed away at the Veteran's Hospital Hospice Center in Reno, NV, where he received excellent care. Thanks to the V.A. Staff, Bill was able to spend his final days surrounded by people who treated him with respect, dignity and compassion. Per his wishes, no services will be held.
Peace at Last!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?