Richard Gary Miler
March 20, 2017
Richard (Dick) Miler of Lake Tahoe and Simi Valley, CA passed away at his home on March 6th after a lengthy illness. Dick was born in St. Paul, MN in 1937.
Dick graduated from St. Thomas College in St. Paul and then became a CPA. He spent time early in his career in the Naval Reserve.
His favorite pastime was spending time with his children and grandkids. Dick spent a great deal of time coaching his children's Little League teams. He is lovingly nicknamed Goofy Grandpa.
Dick spent over 30 years in Simi Valley before retiring to Lake Tahoe with his wife.
He is survived by his wife, Mary Ann; his children, Patti (Martin), Ken (wife Tracy), Keith (wife Bryce), Beth (Gonzales), Rick (wife Robin); siblings Mary Jo (Miceli) and Dan (wife Mary); and eight wonderful grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his parents Wayne and Frances, and brothers Mike and John.
His family will celebrate his life this summer in Lake Tahoe at a private service.
In lieu of flowers, donations are greatly appreciated to act-today.org. ACT NOW supports families with autism.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Obituaries
- Bear activity picking up around Lake Tahoe; people urged to be ‘bear aware’
- Gas explosion at Kirkwood Mountain
- Indian restaurant hidden in a liquor store gains following in South Lake Tahoe
- Marina fee increase forces cancellation of 2017 South Tahoe Wooden Boat Classic
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter weather advisory in effect through Saturday morning