May 12, 2017
August 14, 1943 ~ May 7, 2017
Our mother Robin lived her life true to her convictions. She was a strong and resilient woman, who was known for her many stories of Nevada's legends and history. Robin had extensive knowledge of Tahoe gaming and history.
Robin Mattingly made Tahoe her home in the early 1960's, she met and married John Cristando (married from 71/79). Robin started as a cocktail server, then Black Jack dealer. Our mother often recalled meeting many entertainers and stars, including Elvis and NASA astronaut Walter Schirra.
Robin later moved to Las Vegas, where she met long time companion Brandon Smith, whom she spent 25 years. They later returned to Tahoe to help care for Robins four loved and cherished grandchildren. They were truly the pride of her life.
Robin blessed her close friends and family with Bio Rhythm charts, while being a self-proclaimed Astrogist.
Robin is predeceased by her parents, Robert and Trina Mattingly.
Robin is survived by her son Robert Cristando; daughters, Veronica Flaherty, Stephanie Demsar, Johnna Cristando; brother Bill Mattingly; sister Trina Ann Threlkeld; grandchildren, Alexandra, Daniella, Janez Jr. and Lucas.
Family would like to express their gratitude to Robin's friends and neighbors. We appreciate the generous time and attention you gave her.
There will be a private family service at a later date.
Trending In: Obituaries
- South Lake Tahoe City Council backpedals on VHR ordinance
- Thrill seekers land backflips into Lake Tahoe from 99-foot rope swing (videos)
- Seamstress creates custom interior goods for Lake Tahoe homes
- Douglas County jury finds man innocent in alleged sexual assault at Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Chance of rain Thursday night, snow Friday morning