Samuel C. Dufour
August 16, 2017
June 22, 1965 ~ August 6, 2017
Sam was born and raised in Sacramento, CA. He graduated from Mira Loma High School, American River Jr. College and earned a BS in Mathematics from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo.
After college he worked for Intel in Sacramento and Oregon as an Engineer. He traveled within the US and to foreign countries on assignments. He produced four written publications for the company.
Sam then became an entrepreneur, opening three retail stores and creating an import business during his numerous trips to China. The store in South Lake Tahoe was the headquarters for his business. He loved Tahoe and was a long time resident. His other stores were in Fair Oaks and Monterey.
In his free time Sam loved to fish and enjoyed the sports of skiing, sky diving and scuba diving.
Sam was the dearly loved son of Judy (Dufour) Rancourt and Gerry Dufour. He leaves behind his brother, Jay Dufour and numerous aunts, uncles and cousins.
Sam was kind and thoughtful. He will be terribly missed by family and friends.
Time and date of a Celebration of Life will be announced soon.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Ask Tessie: How do I meet a responsible man in Tahoe?
- Former and current Tahoe residents impacted by Northern California fires
- Gardnerville man killed in head-on collision near Red Lake
- Construction begins on Round Hill Pines Beach Resort
- The latest on California wildfires: Napa Valley school remain closed until Monday