August 16, 2017
After cruising for 78 years, Sid Oblad passed away on August 11, 2017 at Barton Memorial Hospital, after a two year battle with Pancreatic cancer.
Sid will be remembered best for his love of cars, specifically Corvettes. Along with the restoration of over 30 Corvettes, Sid had many other unique careers. He was a sharp-shooter in the U.S. Army, NASA employee in the development of rocket engines, a technician for Douglas Airlines DC-3, even a sheriff of Eldorado County.
Sid is survived by his daughter, son-in-law, grandson, and granddaughter of Pennsylvania.
Friends and neighbors praise Sid for his strength and determination through those last few difficult months.
Sid will be missed immensely by his friends and family, who are doing their best to carry on the legacy of such an amazing man.
The Celebration of Sid's Life will be held in June of 2018. Friends and family will be contacted in the spring of 2018.
In the words of Sid himself, "I will be driving hot rods until "they" take my license away, and I will be building classic cars until the day I die.
Trending In: Obituaries
- J-1 visa program helps Lake Tahoe South Shore businesses
- SnowSport Safety Foundation releases safety report card; California ski industry dismisses report
- El Dorado County moves toward temporary cannabis ban
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain possible today, cloudy conditions to linger through week
- Verde Mexican Rotisserie closes Meyers location