Kudos: A memorable birthday
October 3, 2017
My three friends and I were celebrating my birthday at Red Hut Restaurant on Ski Run Sept. 18. I had three balloons on my chair and opened wonderful gifts from my friends. The server placed the bill on our table. To our shock, another server took the bill.
We decided there was mix-up and went back to our fun. The server returned telling us our bill had been paid, the person had already left the restaurant and she did not know who he was.
We were shocked with surprise. We agreed it was one of the nicest and most generous things anyone could have done for us. This birthday will be one of the most memorable. I hope he reads this as I thank him and will pass his kindness forward.
South Lake Tahoe, California
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: Raising awareness of homelessness on Lake Tahoe’s South Shore (opinion)
- Editor’s Notes: Reflecting on 1 year at Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Ask Tessie: How do I get out of Thanksgiving with my family?
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Rep. McClintock: House tax bill fails the ‘do no harm’ test (opinion)
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)
- Changes to South Lake Tahoe vacation home rental rules finalized
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter storm could dump 5 inches of snow at Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe artist opens brick and mortar for hand-printed goods