Dragging their feet
July 11, 2014
Will it ever stop? For the past five years the Republicans and Tea Party have stalled the economy and obstructed the government all the while blaming it on President Obama.
The Republicans have been blaming Obama for dragging his feet on immigration reform when anyone with half a brain knows that the Republicans have been the culprits blocking immigration legislation. In fact, House Speaker John Boehner R-Ohio won't even bring bills regarding immigration to the House floor.
President Obama is proposing to help the present situation of the influx of children from Central America with an outlay of $3.7 billion. But no, our cynical "do-nothing" Republicans balk, offering a litany of phony excuses to cover their tracks.
Trending In: Opinion
- Bear activity picking up around Lake Tahoe; people urged to be ‘bear aware’
- Fresno man falls to his death at Harveys Lake Tahoe
- At 80 years young, Lake Tahoe man is Heavenly Mountain Resort ski instructor
- Indian restaurant hidden in a liquor store gains following in South Lake Tahoe
- Gas explosion at Kirkwood Mountain