Dragging their feet
July 11, 2014
Will it ever stop? For the past five years the Republicans and Tea Party have stalled the economy and obstructed the government all the while blaming it on President Obama.
The Republicans have been blaming Obama for dragging his feet on immigration reform when anyone with half a brain knows that the Republicans have been the culprits blocking immigration legislation. In fact, House Speaker John Boehner R-Ohio won't even bring bills regarding immigration to the House floor.
President Obama is proposing to help the present situation of the influx of children from Central America with an outlay of $3.7 billion. But no, our cynical "do-nothing" Republicans balk, offering a litany of phony excuses to cover their tracks.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Editor’s Notes: Reflecting on 1 year at Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Guest column: Raising awareness of homelessness on Lake Tahoe’s South Shore (opinion)
- Ask Tessie: How do I get out of Thanksgiving with my family?
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Rep. McClintock: House tax bill fails the ‘do no harm’ test (opinion)
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe
- Changes to South Lake Tahoe vacation home rental rules finalized
- J-1 visa program helps Lake Tahoe South Shore businesses
- Where to go in Tahoe if you don’t want to cook a Thanksgiving meal