Dragging their feet
July 11, 2014
Will it ever stop? For the past five years the Republicans and Tea Party have stalled the economy and obstructed the government all the while blaming it on President Obama.
The Republicans have been blaming Obama for dragging his feet on immigration reform when anyone with half a brain knows that the Republicans have been the culprits blocking immigration legislation. In fact, House Speaker John Boehner R-Ohio won’t even bring bills regarding immigration to the House floor.
President Obama is proposing to help the present situation of the influx of children from Central America with an outlay of $3.7 billion. But no, our cynical “do-nothing” Republicans balk, offering a litany of phony excuses to cover their tracks.
Trending In: Opinion
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe
- Police seeking assistance with hit and run outside Harveys Lake Tahoe
- In the après-ski spirit: Spots to check out after skiing in the Tahoe Basin
- Stay ‘bear aware’ during winter in the Lake Tahoe region
- Lake Tahoe food tampering suspect caught shoplifting dog food at Raley’s last summer