Letter: Finally an opportunity to fix our roads (opinion)
November 6, 2017
I never thought 20 years ago that these SLT roads and pothole problems would still be a problem today, but it still is! Tahoe is a beautiful place, if you ignore the pothole problem.
Finally we have a chance to do something. Measure C, a ½ percent sales tax, will set aside money for fixing our roads. The new measure will also mandate a citizens committee to make sure this money is spent on roads. This is an amazing opportunity to get something done on our roads. Vote "Yes" on C.
South Lake Tahoe, California
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Editor’s Notes: Reflecting on 1 year at Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Ask Tessie: How do I get out of Thanksgiving with my family?
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Guest column: Raising awareness of homelessness on Lake Tahoe’s South Shore (opinion)
- Rep. McClintock: House tax bill fails the ‘do no harm’ test (opinion)
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe
- Changes to South Lake Tahoe vacation home rental rules finalized
- J-1 visa program helps Lake Tahoe South Shore businesses
- Where to go in Tahoe if you don’t want to cook a Thanksgiving meal