Letter: Floating art project belongs in Vegas, not Tahoe
May 15, 2017
Regarding the "Art Revolution" article in Wednesday's Tribune … WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE (TPA) THINKING? We are blessed to live in one of the world's most scenic natural environments.
Over the decades we have worked hard to regulate development and preserve the natural beauty of Lake Tahoe. There is near unanimous agreement for policies to maintain and improve the clarity of Lake Tahoe. South Lake Tahoe has worked hard to attract visitors to our shores by extolling the wonders of our natural environment and all the activities associated with it.
So where does this proposal to put floating art on the shores of Tahoe to promote environmental awareness and enhance cultural landscape come from? Has TRPA or the city of South Lake Tahoe given their approval? Stacked hexagonal tubes with LED panels, two way polycarbonate mirrors, chirping bird calls, spoken words and musical scores belong in Las Vegas, not Lake Tahoe.
Please do not desecrate the shores of Lake Tahoe with this circus-like proposal masquerading as art.
CORRECTION: This letter was incorrectly edited to state (TRPA) instead of (TPA). It has since been corrected.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail