Kudos & Kindness
October 22, 2014
Girl Scout Gold Award
I want to thank the community for your support with my Girl Scout Gold Award project called "Easy Access Books," mini-library program. The project began after realizing the difficulty for community members without permanent residence to obtain a library card and access books. Therefore, I created a mini-library in the lobby of the Barton Community Health Center to provide patients access to books and reading material. With the help of the Barton Auxiliary, The Barton Attic Thrift Store, and generous donations from employees and community members, the library has been fully stocked since April.
The response from the Community Health Center patients has been positive as the books have been flying off the shelves. Book donations will continue to be collected by dropping off gently used books on Mondays in the Hospital's front lobby.
Girl Scout Troop 607
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Ask Tessie: How do I get out of Thanksgiving with my family?
- Tahoe Mom Talk: Being more present during the holiday season
- Rep. McClintock: House tax bill fails the ‘do no harm’ test (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Rozak: 13 signs that tell me I’m ready for ski season to start (opinion)
- J-1 visa program helps Lake Tahoe South Shore businesses
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)
- SnowSport Safety Foundation releases safety report card; California ski industry dismisses report
- El Dorado County moves toward temporary cannabis ban
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe