Letter — Be faithful to local business
March 28, 2003
We locals must start to be faithful to the businesses that have served us so well for the last 30 years, give or take.
I have lived in South Lake Tahoe for 39 years and have had excellent service from Scotty’s Hardware. They have always had competitive prices, even with businesses off the hill. They have almost always had what I needed. And if they didn’t, they would find it in the catalog and order the item and have it in a day or so. And when I’m in their store, I feel that I’m among friends.
There are so many other businesses that I feel the same about, that I would not have room in this letter to mention. But the ones mentioned in the March 18 Tahoe Daily Tribune are all included.
Let’s be faithful to the old businesses.
South Lake Tahoe
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Ask Tessie: How do I get out of Thanksgiving with my family?
- Tahoe Mom Talk: Being more present during the holiday season
- Rep. McClintock: House tax bill fails the ‘do no harm’ test (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Rozak: 13 signs that tell me I’m ready for ski season to start (opinion)
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)
- J-1 visa program helps Lake Tahoe South Shore businesses
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe
- SnowSport Safety Foundation releases safety report card; California ski industry dismisses report
- El Dorado County moves toward temporary cannabis ban