Letter D Win one for the peace sign
February 21, 2003
In his recent speech, Secretary of State Colin Powell asserted that Saddam Hussein had ties to al-Qaida. Yet intelligence operatives in the CIA and the FBI argue that such ties do not exist.
He also states Saddam is a bad man with bad weapons. We know Saddam is bad, but he was just as bad in the mid-1990s when an aggressive series of weapons inspections resulted in the destruction of an enormous portion of his weapons capability. History shows that inspections can disarm Iraq. Let’s push for a tough inspections regime and win this one without war.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe
- J-1 visa program helps Lake Tahoe South Shore businesses
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain possible today, cloudy conditions to linger through week
- Changes to South Lake Tahoe vacation home rental rules finalized