Letter — Lucky to have known Lou
May 9, 2003
If you live in Lake Tahoe, you are lucky. If you have met a person who inspires you to be a better person, you are lucky. If you knew Lou Magnotti, you were really lucky.
As everyone who knew him knows, Lou felt so lucky to be in Lake Tahoe that he had to share his good fortune. He helped anyone he knew needing help. He wasn’t concerned with personal recognition. He helped quietly, simply, profoundly. He was the embodiment of brotherly love.
Why our luck went bad, and what we lost with Lou, we’ll never know. We can only try to remember and live his selfless goodness. May Marilyn, and all of us, find the strength and understanding to deal with this loss. Bless you, Lou.
Lucky to have known him.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Ask Tessie: How do I get out of Thanksgiving with my family?
- Tahoe Mom Talk: Being more present during the holiday season
- Rep. McClintock: House tax bill fails the ‘do no harm’ test (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Rozak: 13 signs that tell me I’m ready for ski season to start (opinion)
- J-1 visa program helps Lake Tahoe South Shore businesses
- SnowSport Safety Foundation releases safety report card; California ski industry dismisses report
- El Dorado County moves toward temporary cannabis ban
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain possible today, cloudy conditions to linger through week