Letter — No habitat for human
March 31, 2003
Bear lovers are quick to point out that man has moved into the bears habitat and therefore he is to blame for the problems with them. Perhaps the problem bears should be delivered to these experts who must know how to deal with them. Apparently they don’t keep food in their homes. They say since man has moved into the bears habitat they should not complain or they should go back to where they came from.
The question now arises; where is man’s habitat? The answer seems to be we don’t have one. Man has moved in on all the species of the earth. I suppose we could go back to the Garden of Eden except that, I hear, is inhabited by snakes. Does anyone know where the Garden is? I suppose we would encounter some very irritated people there too.
Ray H. Cooper
South Lake Tahoe
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Ask Tessie: How do I get out of Thanksgiving with my family?
- Tahoe Mom Talk: Being more present during the holiday season
- Rep. McClintock: House tax bill fails the ‘do no harm’ test (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Rozak: 13 signs that tell me I’m ready for ski season to start (opinion)
- J-1 visa program helps Lake Tahoe South Shore businesses
- SnowSport Safety Foundation releases safety report card; California ski industry dismisses report
- El Dorado County moves toward temporary cannabis ban
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain possible today, cloudy conditions to linger through week
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe