Letter — Old Europe worth a look
March 19, 2003
President Bush chastised European nations for being seeped in “old thinking.” Who really embraces old thinking? The U.S. is the only industrialized nation without universal health care coverage for all its citizens while old thinking European countries have universal health care that protects every man, woman and child. Guaranteed health care should be a universal right for all citizens, because it allows everyone the freedom to experience life to its fullest. When we’re talking about health care, I’ll take European “old thinking” over American corporate greed any day.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Ask Tessie: How do I get out of Thanksgiving with my family?
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Tahoe Mom Talk: Being more present during the holiday season
- Rep. McClintock: House tax bill fails the ‘do no harm’ test (opinion)
- Rozak: 13 signs that tell me I’m ready for ski season to start (opinion)
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)
- J-1 visa program helps Lake Tahoe South Shore businesses
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain possible today, cloudy conditions to linger through week
- SnowSport Safety Foundation releases safety report card; California ski industry dismisses report