Letter: Pickup your trash
April 21, 2017
I took a walk at Hidden Beach recently and was saddened by all of the trash on the beach. I was able to take out some of it but there was still so much on the beach. I can't understand this mentality — who leaves their trash behind?
Please take time to pickup your trash wherever you are: at the beach, hiking, in your neighborhood. Take a trash bag with you to the beach or hiking to pick up your own trash or trash you may see along the way. This is the reason we all love Lake Tahoe and other places we love to go to, because of the beauty. Remember it's up to each one of us.
Incline Village, Nevada
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Opinion
- Lake Tahoe water board orders further study, cleanup of contaminated groundwater
- Tahoe crime recap: Scissor-wielding transient man arrested after hurling profanity, threats
- Suggestions for making the most of Memorial Day weekend at Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: Police say stolen tractor-trailer crashed into famed brothel near Carson City
- Ribaudo column: Housing in Tahoe — ‘like a bad toothache that doesn’t go away’