Letter: Pickup your trash
April 21, 2017
I took a walk at Hidden Beach recently and was saddened by all of the trash on the beach. I was able to take out some of it but there was still so much on the beach. I can't understand this mentality — who leaves their trash behind?
Please take time to pickup your trash wherever you are: at the beach, hiking, in your neighborhood. Take a trash bag with you to the beach or hiking to pick up your own trash or trash you may see along the way. This is the reason we all love Lake Tahoe and other places we love to go to, because of the beauty. Remember it's up to each one of us.
Incline Village, Nevada
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- League to Save Lake Tahoe column: Celebrating 20 years of stewardship, restoration
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Tahoe Prosperity Center column: Disasters highlight importance of community and business resiliency
- Ask Tessie: How do I get my stolen bike back?
- Tahoe Mom Talk: Family friendly activities for the fall
- First snow of 2017-18 season falls in mountains surrounding Lake Tahoe (video)
- South Lake Tahoe man lying in highway dies after being unintentionally run over in Gardnerville
- Two admit involvement in rash of vehicle burglaries outside Stateline casinos
- South Lake Tahoe motorcyclist dies in Hope Valley crash
- Lake Tahoe weather: Lake wind advisory in effect today, snow still in forecast