Letter: Pickup your trash
April 21, 2017
I took a walk at Hidden Beach recently and was saddened by all of the trash on the beach. I was able to take out some of it but there was still so much on the beach. I can't understand this mentality — who leaves their trash behind?
Please take time to pickup your trash wherever you are: at the beach, hiking, in your neighborhood. Take a trash bag with you to the beach or hiking to pick up your own trash or trash you may see along the way. This is the reason we all love Lake Tahoe and other places we love to go to, because of the beauty. Remember it's up to each one of us.
Incline Village, Nevada
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Ask Tessie: How do I get out of Thanksgiving with my family?
- Tahoe Mom Talk: Being more present during the holiday season
- Rep. McClintock: House tax bill fails the ‘do no harm’ test (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Rozak: 13 signs that tell me I’m ready for ski season to start (opinion)
- J-1 visa program helps Lake Tahoe South Shore businesses
- SnowSport Safety Foundation releases safety report card; California ski industry dismisses report
- El Dorado County moves toward temporary cannabis ban
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain possible today, cloudy conditions to linger through week
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe