Letter: Praise for Vicki Gonzales
April 14, 2017
I would simply like to commend and thank Vicki Gonzales for her guest column in the April 7 edition. She summarized so very well all the fears and concerns that most of us are experiencing under our new president's administration and congressional majority.
Every day we learn that something more has been initiated that will take us many steps backward from all the progress that has been made under previous administrations — progress that affected every aspect of our lives. Their revoking of many vital present processes and regulations serves no apparent purpose except to please wealthy corporations and to show the rest of us "who's boss" now.
And — in most cases — when carried out, will cause great harm to us and to our country. I am an old lady now, and at times feel so discouraged and sick at heart about this that I want to hear no more of it. But thank you, Vicki, for your "shot in the arm."
We cannot afford to remain unaware and uninformed, and must take action in every way we can to make our voices heard. I am so proud of so many who have done and are continuing to do this already. This is truly a silver lining in the cloud that threatens us today.
South Lake Tahoe, California
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: Lahontan Water Board supports efforts to reduce impacts from wildfires
- Guest column: Together we can end bullying
- Guest column: Liberty Utilities’ environmental commitment
- Ask Tessie: What are the most important rules of beach etiquette in Lake Tahoe?
- Tahoe Mom Talk: Kid friendly restaurants (so you can actually enjoy your meal)
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Harrah’s, Harveys Lake Tahoe to charge for holiday, special event parking
- Stand up pedalboards making waves around Lake Tahoe
- Revisiting Angora Fire 10 years after devastating blaze ignited in Lake Tahoe
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge