Letter — Senators need to work in tandem
May 30, 2003
I enjoyed reading Mr. Crofton’s article from May 7, entitled, “Boxer tenacious in quest to protect wilderness.” The Meiss Meadows area contains the headwaters of the Upper Truckee River, which provides a vast majority of the clean water that flows into Lake Tahoe. We have all invested a great deal of energy and money — including millions of taxpayer dollars — working to keep Tahoe blue. When Meiss is protected as wilderness we will have made significant progress in furthering this effort. Sen. Dianne Feinstein has always been a champion of improving water quality in the lake. I hope she also seizes this opportunity and works with Sen. Barbara Boxer to secure wilderness protection for Meiss and the other wild places in California.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Ask Tessie: How do I get out of Thanksgiving with my family?
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Rep. McClintock: House tax bill fails the ‘do no harm’ test (opinion)
- Tahoe Mom Talk: Being more present during the holiday season
- Rozak: 13 signs that tell me I’m ready for ski season to start (opinion)
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)
- J-1 visa program helps Lake Tahoe South Shore businesses
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain possible today, cloudy conditions to linger through week
- SnowSport Safety Foundation releases safety report card; California ski industry dismisses report