Letter — Time now to support leader
March 24, 2003
I am amazed and very concerned by the actions of those liberals who will stop at nothing to undermine the presidency of George W. Bush. They are so angry that their man didn’t win and they are out of power that they seem willing to see our great nation suffer if that makes our leaders look bad. The tragedy of 9-11 was our wake-up call to declare war on terrorists and terrorism in all its forms. Indeed we are at war. Really! Given that, we cannot expect everything to be as it was before, that no sacrifices need be made, and that our economy will not suffer to some degree. To blame everything on the current administration during this terrible time of trial is simply awful. Make no mistake about it, there are hundreds of thousands out there who are bent on killing as many of us Americans as they can. They hate us because of our way of life, our successes and because their culture will not permit them to compete in the modern world. Now, more than ever, is the time for all Americans to set political differences aside and to support our leaders and our military in the deadly serious business of ridding the world of terrorism. It will likely take a long time and it won’t be easy.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Editor’s Notes: Reflecting on 1 year at Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Guest column: Raising awareness of homelessness on Lake Tahoe’s South Shore (opinion)
- Ask Tessie: How do I get out of Thanksgiving with my family?
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Rep. McClintock: House tax bill fails the ‘do no harm’ test (opinion)
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe
- Changes to South Lake Tahoe vacation home rental rules finalized
- J-1 visa program helps Lake Tahoe South Shore businesses
- Where to go in Tahoe if you don’t want to cook a Thanksgiving meal